Wednesday, January 16, 2008

So They Leave

It is nearly 7:30 in the morning in Abilene, TX. My sister and a few friends are about to depart for Montevideo, Uruguay in an hour and a half. Two hours. I'm really nervous for them. But excited as well. I'm excited about all they'll get to experience (okay, maybe even a little jealous).

Because they NEED to keep in contact, I've created this blog for Tina (and Courtney if she wants to share), so that the rest of us back home can keep up with their adventures. You guys better post!!

Also, I'm going to miss you guys a ton. Have fun. Be safe. Look the right way before crossing the street. Study daily. Submerse yourselves in the culture. Speak as much Spanish as you can. Drink lots of mate for me. And bring me some back. And buy me a great souveneir. Maybe some jewelry... Take lots of pictures. Meet as many people as you can. Go to every festival/fair/parade/whatever cultural event is taking place. Laugh loud. Smile freely. Dance crazy. And always give thanks to God.

Lots of love, girls. From all of us back home.

No comments: